- What’s the Best Internet Business to Start?
- The Best Small Business to Start is Different for Everyone
- Find a Niche: Identifying the Best Business to Start for You
- Why the Newest ‘Hot Niche’ is Not the Best Small Business to Start
- The Best Internet Business to Start: Assessing the Competition
- Getting Help Starting a Web Business
What’s the Best Internet Business to Start?
What’s the best Internet business to start? It’s a question on the minds of thousands of people around the world just like you who want to start a website that will be their ticket to making a living from home.
But the fact is, there’s no quick-and-easy solution. You won’t find a perfect, step by step that will tell you exactly what to sell and how to sell it to make yourself the next Internet millionaire.
But there is a consistent process you can follow to choose the best business to start.
Thousands of other people around the world have already used this process, this model, to start successful Internet businesses which are completely unique.
The Best Small Business to Start is Different for Everyone
Being successful in business is largely about having passion.
The best Internet business to start, for you, will be built around your passions.
Money is a big pay-off, but it’s usually not motivation enough on its own. Unless you have real passion for your small business, you won’t succeed in the long run. You’ll get bored or burn out before you make it.
So how do you start a home business you’ll be passionate about? Easy – build it around a topic you already love.
Like motor sport? Start a website related to motor sport. Can’t get enough of green parakeets? Start a website about green parakeets.
It doesn’t really matter what the topic is – you’d be surprised to see the kinds of unique, niche market websites that make a healthy income every month for their owners.
Find a Niche: Identifying the Best Business to Start for You
Now you know passion is the foundation of the best Internet business to start for you – but that’s not all there is to it. There are a few other requirements for a profitable niche.
- People must be looking for information on this topic online. You can work this out by using keyword research tools like the Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
- There must not be too much strong competition in the market.
- It must be a market where people actually spend money (motor cross enthusiasts buy bikes, gear and clothing, for instance).
- It must be a market where people actually buy things online.
You need to recognize the difference between ‘browser’ and ‘buyer’ keywords when you do your keyword research.
For example, ‘nike shoes information’ is a browser keyword – the searcher isn’t looking to buy something straight away. On the other hand, ‘buy air jordans’ is a buyer keyword because it indicates the searcher is looking to make a purchase.
Ideally you want to find a niche market you’re passionate about, where people are spending money online, and where there are plenty of buyer keywords with high search numbers. Much easier said than done!
Why the Newest ‘Hot Niche’ is Not the Best Small Business to Start
Often you’ll come across self-proclaimed ‘Internet marketing gurus’ who claim their ‘hot niche’ is the key to getting rich quickly.
They try to tell you they know the best Internet business to start, as if everyone can do the exact same thing online and get rich.
Don’t fall for this stuff – it’s nonsense. Why? Because they’re selling the same information to hundreds or thousands of other people exactly like you. All those other customers of that Internet marketer will end up being your competition.
In the best case scenario, you want to find a niche that nobody else has thought of. That’s not always practical, when you take into account that the niche should be something you’re passionate and reasonably knowledgeable about.
Passion needs to come first to set the foundation for long term success. If you can’t do something completely new, try to find a niche where there’s little or weak competition so you can become profitable relatively quickly.
The Best Internet Business to Start: Assessing the Competition
It can be hard to judge exactly how competitive a niche will be before you actually start your business.
You want to find a niche with a level of competition that suits your goals.
Generally, the smaller and less competitive the niche is, the sooner you’ll start to make money. Bear in mind though, that means your maximum earning potential will be limited.
On the flipside, in a big, competitive niche you want make a lot of money in the long term. The only thing is that it may take a lot more work, time and cash investment before you see results.
Here are a few tips for figuring out how competitive a niche will be:
- Check out the first page of Google for the main keyword terms you found in your keyword research. Do all the pages in the top 10 look highly professional, or are they basic and amateurish?
- Also, check out the Google Pagerank of these websites. You can do this by installing the Pagerank button on the Google Toolbar. This number tells you how ‘strong’ that website is at the search engines. High Pagerank sites are much harder to compete with for search engine traffic for low Pagerank sites. Pagerank 1 or 2 is fairly low for most niches, whereas anything above 4 is starting to get pretty competitive. If all the pages in the top 10 for a keyword are Pagerank 4 or more, it’s a very competitive term and probably not worth chasing.
- Look at the ads that show up on the Google search results (these are the listing at the top and right hand side of the search results). Are there a lot of ads, or only a few? If there are lots of ads, it means the word is probably going to be competitive in the natural search results as well. But remember, if there are no ads, it means that keyword is probably not very valuable and there may not be much money being spent in that niche.
Getting Help Starting a Web Business
As you can see, the whole process is pretty intimidating and difficult at first. It’s very hard to decide on the best Internet business to start and get it right.
That’s why it pays to invest in the services of a reputable SEO company who will help you decide on the best Internet business to start for you. They can offer a complete web business building solution; in other words, it is for them to actually build it for you.
Their job is to take you from choosing a highly profitable niche you’re passionate about, to having a real, professional website that gets free visitors from the search engines.
Copyright © 2010-2012, Premium Online Writing. All rights reserved.