How to Find a Great Ghostwriter For Your Online Business
Finding a ghostwriter who can understand and meet the needs of your project for a reasonable fee can seem like a monumental task.
If it’s a personal project, such as a memoir or book, you’ll need to find a ghostwriter who can do a top-notch job of writing in your style and voice.
For commercial projects, you need to hire a ghostwriter who has sufficient business knowledge to comprehend the goals of the writing. A knowledge of the publishing format you’re using, be it print or online, is also important.
The Freelance Exchange Sites – Buyer Beware
Freelance exchange websites and sites like Craigslist are well-known for being good places for finding cheap ghostwriters. The Internet has made it easy to hire a ghostwriter – however, the quality of many of them is questionable at best.
Unfortunately, when it comes to ghostwriting, ‘cheap’ almost inevitably equates to low quality.
If you hire a cheap ghostwriter who has no references or feedback, you run the risk of receiving poor quality writing or no writing at all.
What more, there are many cheap writers on these sites for whom English is a second language. Yes, they can do a passable job for low-priority projects, but the slightest mistakes in grammar or spelling can totally ruin an important piece of work. In the end it creates more editing work for you.
If you’re going to attach your name to the writing and call it your own, you want it to be written by a professional with an excellent grasp of the English language.
Another potential problem with using cheap, anonymous writers is the issue of copyright. Without a proper written agreement in place over a project, a writer may try to claim the rights to the work after you’ve published it yourself.
Remember – if you don’t have an agreement about who owns the intellectual property, the writer has the copyright by default, not you. This is why using a writer you can trust is so essential.
Local Writing Talent
You may feel more secure looking for a ghost writer locally. This is understandable as you feel confident someone you’ve met face-to-face can do a good job. However, by restricting yourself to local writers you severely limit your choices in terms of quality, skill and pricing.
Online Ghostwriting Services
These days, Internet technology makes it possible to outsource ghostwriting jobs to any part of the planet. Communications and payment technology have made online ghostwriting services the most efficient providers of top quality ghostwritten material.
With a quality writing services you can rest easy knowing:
- Your project is in the capable and experienced hands of college-educated writers
- Work will be delivered within the deadlines you set
- Work will be of a consistently high quality
- Top notch services understand the differences between personal and business projects
- A range of styles is covered, tailoring the writing to suit your individual voice and making it indistinguishable from your own writing
- You should have a customer satisfaction guarantee
- The pros have inside knowledge of publishing standards across a range of formats
- There will be regular communication, keeping you up to date on the status of the project
- You won’t have to worry about copyright issues, as all rights transfer to you on payment
Copyright © 2010-2012, Premium Online Writing. All rights reserved.